ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Read the given passage carefully and answer the questions that follow. There are friends that you have polite chats with, and there are your best friends. They're the people who root for you, no matter what. You tell them your deepest, darkest secrets, and instead of heading for the door, they

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 40 | Tags: reading comprehension     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Read the given passage carefully and answer the questions that follow.

There are friends that you have polite chats with, and there are your best friends. They're the people who root for you, no matter what. You tell them your deepest, darkest secrets, and instead of heading for the door, they stick around and your bond with them grows stronger.

A friend recently sent me news about some phenomenal successes he is enjoying in a new business venture. I responded enthusiastically about his amazing gifts. He e-mailed back: "You, my friend, are too much! But I must say, I love having my own cheering section!" I responded, without even thinking, "What are friends for?"

Precisely! Friendship is about being what a hero of mine described as "balcony people" instead of "basement people." Basement people are those who live in our minds, telling us we will never amount to anything, that we are doomed to fail and that we are royal screw-ups. Balcony people are those who are consistently cheering us on. "Go for it," they say to our attempts to find our voice, to live in ever-widening circles, to dare, to create, to break through our lives' sound barriers. While not all of us are made to be married or to live in an intentional formal community, be it a kibbutz, ashram, monastery, convent or commune, all of us are created to live in some form of friendship. Friendships are what help us be human. 

My best friends and I get together regularly to share the deepest part of life, the part that is about being as opposed to doing. Sure, we speak about what we do in our jobs, our other relationships, our spiritual, athletic, medical, familial doings. But the experiential, life-giving juice that feeds our soul and binds us together over the years and takes us to ever deeper dimensions is the conversation we have at the being level. That's the place where your soul stands naked before someone else and receives unconditional acceptance in return.

From time to time, we speak about what an exasperation-free oasis our friendship is. Both of us have had some important relationships that soured because someone got exasperated with us. Not that we didn't deserve it. But there is something about my best friends, who just don't get exasperated with me, no matter how much I deserve it. As a result, I am not guarded with them, and when we fall back into old patterns of thinking, "If I tell him this, the friendship is over," that's where we have over the years taken the risk to tell it all. That's where the friendship is made even stronger. 

What does the author seem to value the most about his best friends?
1). That they never leave him even when he faulters
2). That they love him
3). That they talk about important things
4). That they are nice people

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

The correct option is option 1. 

It is given in the passage that the author values his best friends for not leaving him even when he was wrong. 

The relevant lines from the passage are,

'From time to time, we speak about what an exasperation-free oasis our friendship is. Both of us have had some important relationships that soured because someone got exasperated with us. Not that we didn't deserve it. But there is something about my best friends, who just don't get exasperated with me, no matter how much I deserve it.'

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the antonym or opposite of word Gentleman

2. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence: The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (E). (ignore errors of punctuation, if any).

3. In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.The Emperor of China had (41) some peaches to the

4. In each question below four words which are A,B,C and D have been printed in bold of which one word may be wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the statement. The number of that word is the answer. If all the four words are correctly spelt mark E i,e ?All Correct? as the answer.

5. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each Crude mineral oil comes out of the earth as a thick brown or black liquid with a strong smell. It is a complex mixture of many different substances, each with its own individual qualities.

6. Rearrange the following six sentences/groups of words in a proper sequence so as to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below them.(A) Basic human needs also include a sense of belongingness, a feeling of control over one?s life.(B) Motivation and inspiration energize peo

7. What is the synonym of word .OSTENTATION

8. In the following question, one part of the sentence has a/an error(s). Find out that part. The number of that part is your answer. If the sentence is free from error(s), your answer is (5). Some recent study on panchayats (1) have shown the positive effect (2) of reservation and allocation of (3) resources among the oppressed. (4) No error (5)

9. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. The country’s higher education system should be “re-imagined and reconstructed” if we want to tap the potential of our burgeoning young population and make India the skill capital of the world, vic

10. In the following questions, some of the sentences have errors and some have none. Find out which part of a sentence has an error. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, your answer is ( 4) i.e. No error