ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A fool's paradise

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 29 | Tags: phrase or idiom meaning     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.

A fool's paradise

1). Paradise of a stupid person
2). A beautiful place
3). A state of job based on false hopes
4). A place of dreams

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

A fool's paradise means a dreamland of a person who doesn't know about the existence of the dreams made by him/her. 

e.g. You're living a fool's paradise if you think that you can settle down in America within a few days.

Therefore, option 3 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. A sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice. This has been done by my grandparents to help me in the time of economic exigency.

2. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is correctly spelt. Select the correctly spelt word.

3. What is the substitute of - The act or practice of spying

4. In the question given below, a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part a correction statement is also given. You have to determine which part requires correction and mark it as your answer. The recent rise of smartphones / and mobile apps has yielded / a more accessing form of cyberbullying. I. The recent risen of smartphones II. and mobile apps has been yielding III. a more accessible form of cyberbullying.

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) Scarcely had he bought /(B) the ticket when the guard /(C) showed the flag and /(D) the train started./(E) No Error.

6. Below are a group of sentences which are jumbled up. The first and the last sentences are given and cannot be changed. Sentences 1 and 6 are missing a vital part which has to be searched from other sentences A, B, C, D and E. Then rearrange the sentences in their correct order and answer the questio

7. Directions: In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words/ phrases are suggested, on of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word/ phrase in each case.Greenhouse gases are o

8. He must----------his bad habits, if he wants to join us.

9. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. Everyone needs to find the leadership style that works ______ for them and their subordinates. What works for your ______ may n

10. What is the synonym of word .CLEMENCY