ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A word is represented by only one set of numbers as given in any one of the alternatives. The sets of numbers given in the alternatives are represented by two classes of alphabets as in two matrices given below. The columns and rows of Matrix I are numbered – form 0 to 4 and that Mat

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 31 | Tags: alphabet or word test     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

A word is represented by only one set of numbers as given in any one of the alternatives. The sets of numbers given in the alternatives are represented by two classes of alphabets as in two matrices given below. The columns and rows of Matrix I are numbered – form 0 to 4 and that Matrix II are numbered from 5 to 9. A letter from these matrices can be represented first by its row and next by its column, e.g., ‘A’ can be represented by 00, 33 etc. and B can be represented by 87, 65, etc. Identify the set for the word ‘SHEER’.

MATRIX - I

A

I

S

N

A

T

A

R

P

H

N

L

H

T

M

S

E

R

A

T

T

U

M

B

R

MATRIX - II

E

H

K

L

A

B

M

G

E

S

O

C

E

R

L

I

S

B

E

G

G

J

R

H

E

1). 86, 56, 99, 88, 13
2). 02, 56, 31, 77, 43
3). 86, 14, 31, 77, 97
4). 30, 22, 88, 99, 96

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Let us check each option:

1) 86, 56, 99, 88, 13 → S, H, E, E, P

2) 02, 56, 31, 77, 43 → S, H, E, E, B

3) 86, 14, 31, 77, 97 → S, H, E, E, R

4) 30, 22, 88, 99, 96 → S, H, E, E, J

Hence, the set which represents SHEER is ‘86, 14, 31, 77, 97’.

Join Telegram Group

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the substitute of - An inscription on a tomb

2. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. _____ the rain stopped, the concert had to be suspended.

3. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions. Certain words/ phrases are given in bold to help you locate them while ?answering some of the questions.Inequality is at the top of the agenda around the world. Hilary Clinton, the leading Democratic candidate to succeed Barack Obama as

4. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. Jyoti said to her sister, “This dress is so pretty.”

5. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately Find out the appropriate word in each case Today the economies of African countries are growing at

6. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. The coach said, "Well done! You have made me proud."

7. In the following question, out of the five alternatives, select the one which is opposite in meaning of the given word. Concomitant

8. Out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences.  Fond of the pleasures of good company

9. Select the phrase/ connector from the given three alternatives, which can be used to form a single coherent sentence from the sentences given below, implying the same meaning. My legs were burning. I just ran a marathon. I. Having my legs burning II. Having just run a marathon Ill. Because I just ran a marathon

10. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).They left the hotel by car where they had been staying.