ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. I am blessed to be able to meet interesting people from all walks of life regularly because of the work I do. I meet film – makers, poets, brilliant college students, wise teachers and visionary entrepreneurs.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 29 | Tags: reading comprehension     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage.

I am blessed to be able to meet interesting people from all walks of life regularly because of the work I do. I meet film – makers, poets, brilliant college students, wise teachers and visionary entrepreneurs. Each one of these encounters has taught me something and shaped my perspective. I had dinner recently with one of Asia’s top CEOs. Asked him the secret of his outrageous success. He smiled: “I make the time to think.” Every morning, he spends at least 45 minutes with his eyes closed, deep in reflection. He’s not meditating. He’s not praying. He’s thinking. Sometimes he’s analyzing business challenges. Other times he’s thinking about new markets. Still other times he’s being introspective on the meaning of his life and what he wants it to stand for. Often, he’s simply dreaming up new ways to grow personally and professionally. Every once in a while, he’ll spend between six and eight hours doing this. Sitting silently. Still, with his eyes closed. Thinking.  Making the time to think is a superb strategy for success at leadership and in life. Too many people spend the best hours of their days solely engaged in doing, on the execution aspect of things. Recently a client said to me: “Robin, sometimes I get so busy that I don’t even know what I’m so busy doing.” But what if he’s busy with the wrong things? Few things are as disappointing as investing all your time, energy and potential climbing a mountain only to find – once at the top – that you climbed the wrong one. Thinking and reflection ensures that you’re on the right mountain. Peter Drucker, the management expert, said it so well: “There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.” 

What is introspection? 
1). An idea or opinion produced by thinking, or occurring suddenly in the mind.
2). An act of considering or remembering someone or something.
3). the formation of opinions, especially as a philosophy or system of ideas, or the opinions so formed.
4). The examination or observation of one's own mental and emotional processes.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Option 4 is the correct answer. Introspection is 'The examination or observation of one's own mental and emotional processes.'$ 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Under the weather

2. The following sentences form a paragraph. The third and sixth sentences of the paragraph are given. The rest of the sentences are numbered as P, Q, R, S and T. These five parts are not given in their proper order. Read the sentences and choose the alternative that arranges them in a correct order.

3. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Pay careful attention. The pitiful situation of the homeless is a problem. To estimate the number of homeless people is difficult as it would depend on who we define

4. It is a shame for us P. we cannot serve our nation Q. the way we should have R. that being such a huge population

5. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word similar in meaning to the word given. Stringent

6. The cat and the dog have a ............. enemy in the rat.

7. In the given passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered.Against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find the appropriate word in each case. According to a new study from an international consortium, ...(23)... up technology in the classroom does

8. Gross National disposable income is equal to:

9. Choose an appropriate word from the options to suitably fill the blank in the sentence below so that the sentence makes sense, both grammatically and contextually. Two weeks after his election victory, President-elect Donald Trump began to back              from c

10. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.None knows how it was happened