ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully.   One day a man stopped Birbal in the street and began narrating his woes to him. "I am extremely broke and have walked twenty miles

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 33 | Tags: reading comprehension     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully 

One day a man stopped Birbal in the street and began narrating his woes to him. "I am extremely broke and have walked twenty miles to see you," he told Birbal finally, "and all along the way people kept saying you were the most generous man in the country." Birbal knew what the man was seeking. "Are you going back the same way?" he asked. "Yes," said the man. "Will you do me a favor?" "Certainly," said the man. "What do you want me to do?" "Please deny the rumor of my generosity," said Birbal, walking away, praising himself that he can't be fooled so easily. He had noticed the jewels in the man's pocket and knew that he was a thug.

Why did Birbal send him away?
1). To get a favor.
2). To not be called generous anymore.
3). He didn't have money.
4). He knew the man was lying.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
The last 2 lines indicate that Option 4) He knew the man was lying is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In each question below a sentence with four words printed in bold type is given . These are numbered as a, b, c and d. One of these four words printed in bold may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word, which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate, if any. The number of the word is your answer. If all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence, mark e: i.e. ?All correct? as your answer.

2. What is the antonym or opposite of word Conciliation

3. In each question below a sentence with four words printed in bold type is given These are numbered as 1),2),3),4) One of these four words printed in bold may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence Find out the word which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate if any.The number of that words is your answer if all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence mark 5)i.e.All correct? as your answer.

4. Read the passage and answer the questions. Domestic crude oil production fell for the fourth straight year in 2015-16, even as oil consumption rocketed 11%, pushing up India's import dependence. A collapse in oil prices coupled with a rapid economic growth has helped push up oil consumption at

5. In the following questions, a sentence/ part of the sentence is printed in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold sentence/part of the sentence at a:, b: c: and d: which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no correction is required, your answer is e:.

6. To take to one's heels

7. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. For a minute, dispel all the mental images and stereotypes; ______________ the jargon of 'opening up,' 'flow,' 'nidra,' and 'bala

8. What is the substitute of - A state ment in which you say the same thing twice in different words

9. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates No improvement needed. I am counting at you to deliver the letter. Counting in Counting over Counting on

10. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. Once there lived an old man who had a bag of gold. He was foolish. he dug a hole in the ground and put the bag of gold into the hole. Then he covered the hole with a stone. He use to visit the