ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Fill in the blanks with the most appropriate words out of the four alternatives suggested below each question. _____ you were on leave yesterday, you _____ to work for an extra day this month.​

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 36 | Tags: fill in the blanks grammar     | fill in the blanks     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Fill in the blanks with the most appropriate words out of the four alternatives suggested below each question.

_____ you were on leave yesterday, you _____ to work for an extra day this month.​

1).

As, need

2).

Because, should have

3).

Since, will have

4).

Hence, need

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

‘Hence’ is a final conjunction and cannot be used at the beginning of the sentence. Using ‘because’ will not justify the use of ‘comma’ in the sentence. For the second blank, we cannot use ‘should have’ as it would not justify the use of ‘to’ just after the blank. ‘Need’ is used to show compulsion and hence cannot be used. Therefore, we can use ‘since’ and ‘will have’ as they make perfect sense grammatically and contextually.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice.My father is going to build a six bedroom bungalow.

2. In the question given below, the sentence is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part an alternate statement is also given. You have to determine if a part requires correction, and then mark that as your answer. The markets were soothed somewhat as the Federation subsequent / emph

3. Read the following information carefully and answer the question given below A famous museum issues entry passes to all its visitors for security reasons Visitors are allowed in batches after every one hour In a day there are six batches A code is printed on entry pass which keeps on changing for ev

4. What is the antonym or opposite of word Rapid

5. In the following passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank. appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. I wanted 4 (1) myself a sweater. When I asked my

6. Read the following passage carefully and answer the given questions. Certain words/phrases are given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.At first glance the patriarchy appears to be thriving. More than 90% of presidents and prime ministers are male, as are all nearl

7. Find out the misspelt word

8. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).You can borrow my laptop as long as you promise not to misuse it.

9. Read the passage given below and answer the given questions. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Pay careful attention. India is ranked the eighth most valuable nation brand while the United States retained its top position and China took the second spot in the League of Nations accor

10. What is the substitute of - A person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle