ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. I hope he will deliver the goods well after the huge amount of money we paid for such a simple task.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 24 | Tags: phrase or idiom meaning     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence.

I hope he will deliver the goods well after the huge amount of money we paid for such a simple task.

1). Do as expected
2). Do something illegal
3). Do against one's will
4). force someone to do something

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
The idiom 'deliver the goods' means 'do as expected'. Thus option 1 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the synonym of word .VERACITY

2. What is the substitute of - Government of the people, by the people and for the people

3. What is the substitute of - A drug or other substance that induces sleep

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

5. In the following passage some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.Modern man is imprisoned by his time-table and his routine. His life is all care and _____. He does not have _____ for anything but

6. Which of the phrases a, b, c and d.given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and ?No correction is required?, mark e. as the answer.

7. Fill in the blanks with appropriate option. Last night, I ran _______a very old friend from my school days

8. Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order.A dissent in a courtP-the intelligence of a future dayQ-to the brooding spirit of law, toR-of last resort is an appeal

9. The bold part given in the sentence below is fixed and correct. Determine the part(s) in the remaining sentence which is/are free from error and mark the corresponding answer. Unfortunately, Ghanaian ores turned to be (A)/ too low grade and electricity (B)/ is now used to process (C)/ ores with other nations. (D)

10. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - He said , " How cruel of him !''