ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. We are fresh out of cakes so I called her up.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 34 | Tags: phrase or idiom meaning     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence.

We are fresh out of cakes so I called her up.

1). Mistakenly produced
2). Just received
3). Do not have any more
4). Have just made

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
The idiom 'fresh out of something' means 'to have no more of something.' Thus option 3 is the correct answer.$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.A great many student (1)/ have been declared (2)/ successful (3)/ No error. (4).

2. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. Eight north Indian Ocean countries, namely, Bangladesh, India, the Maldives, Myanmar, Oman, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Thailand, were asked to contribute names so that a combined list could be compile

3. Some parts of the sentence have errors and some are correct. Find out which part has an error and mark that part as your answer. If there are no errors, mark ‘No error’ as your answer. A India versus Pakistan cricket match, that was played last year, brought many new players to the fore.

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) Mrs. Sen told me that though/(B) her son had worked hard but/(C)he failed to make/(D) any mark in the last examination./(C) No Error.

5. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.The employee had become _______________ to both the manager's praise as well as reprimand.

6. Directions: Read the passage and answer the following questions. India will today (Oct. 31) unveil the world’s tallest statue, that of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, a leading light of the country’s long freedom struggle against the British. Prime minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the t

7. Fill in the blank with the correct word.       Her _____ display of tears at work made it very awkward for everyone.

8. In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, ve words are suggested, one of which ts the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. Studies (1)the impact of computer models to support

9. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Had I known (A)/ you were visiting me today (B)/ I would meet you at the airport. (C)/ no error (D)

10. Student- parking should be .............. ; students should not be charged to buy parking stickers.