ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question below are given some statements followed by some conclusions. Taking the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts, read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusion logically follows the given statements. Statements: I. Some pens are pencils. II. All pencils are erasers. Conclusions: I. Some pencils are not pens. II. Some erasers are not pens.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 24 | Tags: venn diagrams     | reasoning    

In the following question below are given some statements followed by some conclusions. Taking the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts, read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusion logically follows the given statements.

Statements:

I. Some pens are pencils.

II. All pencils are erasers.

Conclusions:

I. Some pencils are not pens.

II. Some erasers are not pens.

1). Some pencils are not pens. 
2). Only conclusion (II) follows.
3). Neither conclusion (I) nor conclusion (II) follows.
4). Both conclusions follow.

Answer This Question with Explaination and Earn! Click Here to Know More!

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

0 answers

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out the figure which best represents the relationship Wood, Chair and Table.

2. In the following question below are given some statements. Take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Statements: Some tips are bottles. Some bottles are caps. Some caps are pens. Which statement is definitely false? 

3. In the question two statements are given, followed by two conclusions, I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements. Statement I: All chains are ropes Statement II: Some links are chains Conclusion I: Some ropes are links Conclusion II: All links are ropes

4. Directions: Read the following information and answer the following questions below. In a class of 90 students, 80 students like burger or pizza. 62 like burger and 56 like pizza.How many like both burger and pizza?

5. Directions: In the following question, two statements are given followed by two Inferences I and II. You have to consider the two statements to be true, even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given inferences can definitely be drawn from the given statements. Statements: All girls are smart. All smart will be rewarded one day. Inferences: I) All girls will be rewarded one day. II) Some girls will be rewarded one day.

6. In the question two statements are given, followed by two conclusions, I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements. Statement 1: All clocks are watches. Statement 2: Some clocks are alarm. Conclusion I: Some alarms are watches. Conclusion II: All watches are alarm.

7. Which figure represents the relation among Outdoor games, Baseball, Ball?

8. Statements: All papers are exams. Some exams are pages. No page is clean. Some cleans are ruled. Some ruled are not books. Which of the following conclusion is definitely false? I. Some pages are papers. II. No clean is book. III. Some ruled can be books. IV. Some exams are papers.

9. Directions: Read the following information and answer the following questions below. In a class of 90 students, 80 students like burger or pizza. 62 like burger and 56 like pizza.How many like neither burger nor pizza?

10. Which figure represents the relation among Argon, Non-metal, Metal and Tungsten.