ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

1 vote

What does the fourth character represent in PAN CARD?

Asked on by | Votes 1 | Views: 56 | Tags: banking financial awareness     | mix     | Add Bounty

What does the fourth character represent in PAN CARD?
1). Holder type
2). State no.
3). Check Digit
4). City Code

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
  • The first three characters represent an alphabetic series starting from AAA to ZZZ.
  • The fourth character represents the status of the PAN holder (C stands for Company, P for Person, H for HUF etc).
  • The fifth character is either the surname (in case of a person) or the name of the entity (in all other cases).
  • The sixth to ninth characters are sequential numbers running from 0001 to 9999.
  • The last character, i.e. the tenth one, is an alphabetic check digit which is generated by applying a formula to the preceding nine letters and numbers.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Directions: In the following question assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the conclusion among given conclusions is /are definitely true and then give your answers accordingly. Statements: T < C > I ≥ J; K ≤ N; I = M < N; T < M Conclusions: I. K ≥ J II. N = C III. C > J IV. T < N

2. Given below is a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. You should use the given data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose between the possible answers. By selling a product with 10% profit, how much profit was earned? I. The difference between selling and cost price is Rs. 40. II. The selling price is 110 % of the cost price.

3. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical mistake/error in it. Choose the sentence/option, which is CORRECT (without any errors in it). If all the sentences are incorrect, mark Option 5 as the answer. ​

4. Rearrange the following six sentences/ group of sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them. A- It is a general term used to describe over 200 individual diseases. B- The abnormal cells grow without any

5. Directions: The following questions have three statements. Study the question and the statements and decide which of the statement(s) is/are necessary to answer the question. Shreya has Rs. 2500 in denominations of Rs. 20 and Rs. 50 notes only. Find the number of Rs. 50 notes with her. Statement I: She has total 80 notes. Statement II: The ratio of Rs. 20 and Rs. 50 notes is 5 ∶ 3 Statement III: She has Rs. 1000 in denomination of Rs. 20 notes only.

6. In a class there are some boys and girls. If 20 girls are taken out the ratio of girls and boys becomes 1 ∶ 3, then 20 boys were taken out and the ratio of boys and girls became 2 ∶ 1. The number of girls in the beginning is :

7. Read the following passage and answer the questions that follow A contractor receives a contract to build a well. He employs several men and women for the job. The job can be done by seven men in a period of x days. The efficiency of woman is 75% as compared to a man.If the number of women employed are twice as compared to men and the time taken to complete the job is 2x/5 days, find the number of women hired.

8. If 4 Mango and 3 Orange together cost Rs. 3150 and 2 Mango and 4 orange together cost Rs. 2200, then find the difference between 4 mango and 3 orange?

9. Directions: In a query answering module, students ask their queries where each query is based on one of the four sections DI, LR, QA, VA. The queries enter the module as soon as they are asked and remain there until they are answered. All queries that are received in the first half of the day are co

10. Given below is a sentence with three blanks. Identify the correct order of words which can be used to fill in the given blanks. The union seems to be hand in ________ with this _________ administration in _________ the Board meetings. A) Stalling B) Callous C) Beneficent D) Glove E) Parasol F) Fueling