ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given.  Waggish

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 17 | Tags: synonyms or antonyms     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. 

Waggish
1). Jocular
2). Whimsical
3). Flippant
4). Solemn

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Correct Answer: Solemn

Waggish means ‘humorous, playful or mischievous’ while solemn means ‘formal, dignified and composed’. The other words are near synonyms of waggish and are incorrect. ‘Jocular’ means ‘humorous’, ‘whimsical’ means ‘playfully quaint’ and ‘flippant’ means ‘not serious or respectful’.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. Unveil

2. What is the synonym of word .Antagonist

3. What is the antonym or opposite of word ANIMOSITY

4. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the option corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the ‘No error’ option. The flat of B Chandrakala, a 2008 batch officer (A)/ of the Indian Administrative Service, in an apartment (B)/ building in a heart of Lucknow was searched. (C)/ No error (D)

5. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. The Chinese growth juggernaut is slowing down. The world’s second-largest economy has reported that its exports for December fell by 4.4%, the sharpest fall in two years amidst rising trade tensions with the U

6. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).He may have grown taller when I last saw him.

7. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) My father suggested /(B) to me that I should /(C) be written /(D) to him at least two letters every month. /(E) No Error.

8. In the following question, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the five alternatives given in the questions that follow: Abhinandan Varthaman, Wing Commander of Indian Air Force was _____________ (A) by Pakis

9. What is the antonym or opposite of word Quiet

10. in the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blanks appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.Today Countries all over the world are experienci