ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select "no improvement".   The bliss of (oversleeping) cuddled up under a warm and cosy blanket is just other-worldly.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 26 | Tags: phrase replacement grammar     | phrase replacement     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select "no improvement".  

The bliss of (oversleeping) cuddled up under a warm and cosy blanket is just other-worldly.

1). oversleep
2). oversleeps
3). overslept
4). no improvement

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Option 4) No improvement is the correct answer.

Bliss = happiness.

The person is describing a general experience or activity => we need to use the noun i.e oversleeping.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. Emptying (half the Earth of it’s) humans is the only way to save the planet.

2. Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.A. I was pleased by their reaction.B. Writing my speech was easy, but I was unsure if I could motivate the employees to donate to th

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) Scbod offers many opportunities of meeting /(B) ful people, reading useful books /(C) and obtain help information about /(D) a variety of public careers. /(E) No Error.

4. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - Dinesh said. " I want to eat a good mango one of this days."

5. Rearrange the given six sentences/group of sentences A, B, C, D, E and Fin a proper sequence so as to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the given questions. A. Anansi was just about to eat them when he noticed smoke in the distance. He learnt from the cassava that the smoke was from t

6. Read the sentence to find out whether there is any error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.  He consults everything to me as I try to help him genuinely.

7. In the following question, a word has been written in 4 different ways out of which only one correctly spelt. Select the correctly spelt word.

8. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words/phrases are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word/ phrase in each case, Marine life (1) along the coast an

9. The sentence given with blank is to be filled with an appropriate word. Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. They _______ always lived in the castle.

10. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives and click the button corresponding to it.Another marvel on the far side of the lake was a little farm that felt like a secret in the city. Some of the