ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Which among the following is/are correct regarding the Cash Reserve Ratio decided by the RBI? I. The maximum CRR that can be decided by the RBI is 20%.  II. The scheduled commercial banks earn interest of at least 2% on the amount maintained with the RBI as CRR.  III. The CRR is maintained by banks on daily average basis with respect to their Net Demand and Time Liabilities. 

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 220 | Tags: banking financial awareness     | financial awareness     | Add Bounty

Which among the following is/are correct regarding the Cash Reserve Ratio decided by the RBI?

I. The maximum CRR that can be decided by the RBI is 20%. 

II. The scheduled commercial banks earn interest of at least 2% on the amount maintained with the RBI as CRR. 

III. The CRR is maintained by banks on daily average basis with respect to their Net Demand and Time Liabilities. 

1). Both II and III 
2). Both I and III 
3). Only III 
4). Only II 

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

4 vote
Answered by on | Votes 4 |
  • The Cash Reserve Ratio is the amount of funds that the scheduled commercial banks are required to maintain with the RBI and it is calculated as a percentage of the Net Demand and Time Liabilities of the bank. 
  • There is no ceiling in fixing the CRR by the RBI. 
  • It is maintained by banks on the fortnightly average basis. 
  • The scheduled banks do not earn any interest on the amount maintained with the RBI as CRR. 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+3)
Submit: