ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Directions: Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II are given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and give the answer. Who among R, L, M and N is the shortest? I. N is not as tall as M but is taller than L. II. M is not the tallest.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 18 | Tags: ordering and ranking     | general knowledge     | Add Bounty

Directions: Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II are given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and give the answer.

Who among R, L, M and N is the shortest?

I. N is not as tall as M but is taller than L.

II. M is not the tallest.

1). The data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
2). The data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
3). The data in Statement I alone or in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
4). The data in both the Statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

From statement 1: N is not as tall as M but is taller than L.

M > N > L

Nothing about R is given so we can’t find the shortest.

From statement 2: M is not the tallest.

Nothing about others is given so we can’t find the shortest.

On combining 1 and 2:

M > N > L and M is not the tallest So R is tallest because the only R is left.

R > M > N > L

Hence, L is the shortest.

Clearly, both statements are necessary.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below. Anika received certain number of gift boxes on her birthday from her family members which are packed with packing sheets of different colors. These boxes are placed one above another. The gift received

2. Three players are to be chosen from a group of four players. It is decided that oldest of them will not play. Rohit is two months older than Girish, who is three months younger than Nehra. In addition, Kamlesh is one month older than Girish. Who will not play?

3. Direction: Read the following information carefully and answer the question given below. Number of Cherries is greater than Kiwis. Number of Papayas is less than number of Kiwis. Number of Bananas is more than number of Cherries. Number of Bananas is less than Melons. Which fruit has the lowest quantity?

4. Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the question given below. There are 10 peoples A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I and J. They have different credit score and are ranked from 1 to 10 according to their credit score. They all have taken some loan from the bank and the amo

5. Direction: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow:- Five persons A, B, C, D and E underwent a Thyroid profile test. The biological reference range for the test results is 58.0 – 159.0 ng/DL. A have the count 35 ng/DL higher than D. D have the count half

6. Directions: Study the information given below and answer the questions that follow. There are five men, Anshul, Rahul, Mrunal, Divakar and Amit. The one who is the slowest is the Strongest. Divakar is faster than Amit but weaker than him. There are only two people faster than Anshul. Rahul is the we

7. Each of the statement consist of two statements I and II. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statement are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statement and give the appropriate answer. Among five friends S, T, U, V and W who is 3rd heaviest? Statement I: S is the heaviest among all the five friends. Second lightest one having a weight of 58 kg. Statement II: T is the lightest among all the five friends. W is heavier than 58 kg, but lighter than V.

8. Direction: There are 8 boxes viz. A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H which are in different colours viz. White, Yellow, Violet, Black, Peach, Silver, Golden and Blue but not necessarily in same order. They are placed one above another; each contains different books and a certain number of Pens. The books wer

9. Directions: Read the instructions carefully and answer the question below. A, B, C, D and E are five cars while P, Q and R are three motorcycles. C is costlier than D and Q but cheaper than B. Among the cars, A is not the costliest. D is cheaper than E and there is no car whose costlies between the

10. Each of the statement consist of two statements I and II. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statement are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statement and give the appropriate answer. What is the code of FRUIT in the given coded language? Statement I. In a coded language “Apple are sweet” is coded as “@5L $3r @5e”. Statement II. In a coded language “Polythene harms” is coded as “t$r p#o”.