ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. Canonical

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 60 | Tags: synonyms or antonyms     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given.

Canonical

1). Approved
2). Official
3). Sanctioned
4). Unorthodox

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Canonical represents something that provided in the sacred texts and considered as genuine. ‘Approved’, ‘Official’, and ‘Sanctioned’ synonymously match the meaning with ‘canonical’, while ‘unorthodox’ doesn’t match in meaning, making it the best answer. $

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The passage is filled with blanks which are numbered.Choose the correct word to fill up each of these blanks. A rise in crude beyond $100 per barrel will __(A)__out all the duty benefits and we will be back to square one even if prices are cut by Rs 25 per litre. This is exactly what happened

2. When my friend was in Kolkata , he ran into an old friend at the theatre.

3. A sentence has been split into three parts out of which one part may contain error(s). If so. select that part If there is no error, select option (4).

4. Below a statement has been divided in five parts. The part in bold is fixed and contains no error. Among the other parts find the erroneous part. If it contains no error choose the 5th option (No error). Frey explained that the ongoing movement (A)/ to warmer climates was continuing (B)/ in the United States, but had(C)/ slowed somewhat recently. (D)

5. Find out the misspelt word

6. Arrange the given words in the sequence in which they occur in the dictionary. 1. Bandage 2. Branded 3. Baggage 4. Bankrupt 5. Balance

7. A majority of Indians prefer to use internet for accessing banking and other financial services than shopping online, show a new survey. Almost 57% of Indians respondents using the internet prefer to bank online and use other financial services due to hassle-free access and time saving feature of o

8. 1. After the tornado had hit the coastal areas, P. my house was gone, Q. I became a pauper overnight R. my fields were completely destroyed , S. my livestock was lost and 6. though my neighbour’s house remained untouched.

9. Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences and click the button corresponding to it.A person who is new to a profession

10. What is the synonym of word .Swap