ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

The length and breadth of a room are 8 m and 6 m respectively. A cat runs along all the four walls and finally along a diagonal order to catch a rat. How much total distance is covered by the cat?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 38 | Tags: reasoning     | direction sense test     | Add Bounty

The length and breadth of a room are 8 m and 6 m respectively. A cat runs along all the four walls and finally along a diagonal order to catch a rat. How much total distance is covered by the cat?

A).  10

B).  14

C).  38

D).  48

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Required Distance
= 8 + 6 + 8 + 6 + √(82 + 62)
= 28 + √100
= 28 + 10
= 38 m

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. A man moves towards the east and then takes a left turn. After covering some distance in that direction, he takes a right turn and finally, takes another right turn. Which direction is the man facing now?

2. Johnson left for his office in his car. He drove 15km towards North and then 10km towards West. He then turned to the South and covered 5km. Further he turned to East & moved 8km. Finally he turned right and moved 10km. How far & in which direction is he from his starting point?

3. Some boys are sitting in three rows all facing North such that A is in the middle row. P is just to the right of A but in the same row. Q is just behind of P while R is in the North of A. In which direction of R is Q?

4. A man walks 5 kilometre towards South and then turns to the right. After walking 3 kilometre, he turns to the left and walks 5 kilometre. Now in which direction is he from the starting point?

5. A man is facing towards the west. He turns 45 degrees clockwise and then another 180 degrees anticlockwise. Finally, he turns 90 degrees in the right. Which direction is he facing now?

6. A man walks 7 km towards south and turns to the left. After walking 5 km, he turns to the right and walks 7 km. In which direction is he now from the starting point?

7. A is to the west of C. B is to the north-east of A and is equidistant from A and C. In which direction is B with respect to C?

8. A cat is chasing a mouse. The cat moves towards north for 25m, takes a right turn and move 100m, turns towards the south and moves 25m further. Finally, it turns left and moves 55m. What is the distance between the initial and the final position of the cat?

9. A and B starts from a point in opposite directions. A travels 3 km and B also 3 km. Then A turns towards right and travels 4 km and B turns towards right and travels 4 km. What is the distance between A and B?

10. After walking 6 km, I turned to the right and then walked 2 km. After then I turned to the left and walked 10 km. In the end, I was moving towards the North. From which direction did I start my journey?