ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Direct/Indirect speech. 'Please don't cry' he said.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 258 | Tags: change of speech     | ssc cgl tier 1 05 08 2017 shift 1     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 2017     | ssc cgl 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Direct/Indirect speech.
'Please don't cry' he said.
1). He begged that I should not cry.
2). He begged me not to cry.
3). He said to please him and not cry.
4). He told me to not to cry.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
option 2 is the answer

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Choose the word which is ??MOST OPPOSITE?? in meaning of the word given in ??bold??.

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. A shady place under trees

3. Directions : In each of the following questions, a short passage is given with one of the lines in the passage missing and represented by a blank. Select the best out of the five answer choices given, to make the passage complete and coherent.

4. Read the following passage and answer the questions below.Consider your average morning routine. Most of us begin taking in the day's news as soon as the clock radio wakes us up. Then there is the morning news brief from the television while eating breakfast followed by a local radio station during

5. Read the given passage carefully and answer the questions given below. India for long has been a technology lagging behind in terms of adoption of mobile technologies. However, that is all set to change with the adoption of 5G in India. 5G extends beyond the mobile device ecosystem enabling service

6. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.'Do you have anything to tell me, little princess?' asked the king.

7. In the given passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. Against each five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate words in each case.After spending time and efforts to stabilise rural incomes in the face of plummeting agricultural pric

8. The following sentences form a paragraph. The third and the sixth sentences of the paragraph are given. The rest of the sentences are numbered as P, Q, R, S and T. These five parts are not given in their proper order. Read the sentences and choose the alternative that arranges them in correct order.

9. A sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four given alternatives, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. An emergency landing was made by the plane due to a faulty engine.

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I met the gentleman (1)/ today morning on my way (2)/ to the market. (3)/ No error (4).