ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. The doctor said, 'well, what can I do for you?'

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 49 | Tags: change of speech     | ssc cgl tier 1 05 08 2017 shift 3     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 2017     | ssc cgl 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.
The doctor said, 'well, what can I do for you?'
1). The doctor wanted to know what he could do for her.
2). The doctor said that he couldn't do anything for her.
3). The doctor asked what he couldn't do for her.
4). The doctor wondered what he could do for her.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
The doctor wanted to know what he could do for her. : seems correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following passage there are blanks, each of whiCh has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. There was a man who had four sons. He (1) his son

2. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully.   One day a man stopped Birbal in the street and began narrating his woes to him. "I am extremely broke and have walked twenty miles

3. Choose the word MOST OPPOSITE in meaning to the given word. Deceit

4. Find out the misspelt word

5. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. As expected, the array of presidential hopefuls for the 2020 U.S. election has widened considerably on the Democratic Party side, with at least eight candidates declared running, another six likely to run, and a fur

6. What is the substitute of - Associated with God or religion

7. Below are a group of sentences which are jumbled up. A part of the first and last sentences are given and cannot be changed. Sentences 1 and 7 are missing a vital part which has to be found from A, B, C, D, and E. Rearrange the sentences to form a meaningful paragraph and answer the questions g

8. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. Of the three activities of thought, word and deed, perhaps thought is the most ______ and powerful force, for it is the ______

9. Rearrange the following six sentences/ group ofsentences (A), (B), (C), (D). (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form ameaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.(A) All the labourers and the soldiers turned around and saw a but just a fewsteps away from the palace gate.(B) T

10. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.If I (have had) money, I would have bought this car.