ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

For each of the following sentences four alternatives are given. You are required to choose the correct meaning of the idiom or phrase given or underlined in the sentence. I cannot conceive of a time when I was without a refrigerator

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 41 | Tags: english verbal ability     | idioms and phrases     | Add Bounty

For each of the following sentences four alternatives are given. You are required to choose the correct meaning of the idiom or phrase given or underlined in the sentence. I cannot conceive of a time when I was without a refrigerator

A).  Imagine

B).  Give birth

C).  Understand

D).  Depend

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Imagine

conceive of: form or devise (a plan or idea) in the mind.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Villagers always call a spade a spade .

2. For each of the following sentences four alternatives are given. You are required to choose the correct meaning of the idiom or phrase given or underlined in the sentence. My plan to have a new car fell through because of the price rise.

3. Pull together

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase. Rise like a phoenix

5. For each of the following sentences four alternatives are given. You are required to choose the correct meaning of the idiom or phrase given or underlined in the sentence. To end in smoke

6. A dark horse

7. In each of the questions, four alternatives are given for the Idiom/Phrase. Choose the alternative whichbest expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase and click the button corresponding to it.As daft as a brush

8. For each of the following sentences four alternatives are given. You are required to choose the correct meaning of the idiom or phrase given or underlined in the sentence. He is a strange fellow. It is very difficult to deal with him; it seems that he has a bee in his bonnet.

9. For each of the following sentences four alternatives are given. You are required to choose the correct meaning of the idiom or phrase given or underlined in the sentence. Something up one's sleeve

10. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.Beauty is in the eye of the beholder