ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

For each of the following sentences four alternatives are given. You are required to choose the correct meaning of the idiom or phrase given or underlined in the sentence. I raked my brains to solve this difficult problem.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 30 | Tags: english verbal ability     | idioms and phrases     | Add Bounty

For each of the following sentences four alternatives are given. You are required to choose the correct meaning of the idiom or phrase given or underlined in the sentence. I raked my brains to solve this difficult problem.

A).  I consulted several people

B).  I subjected my mind to hard thinking

C).  I read number of books

D).  I brainwashed several experts

E).  I used my common sense

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

I subjected my mind to hard thinking

raked my brains: to think very hard.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the meaning of idiom - Stem from

2. For each of the following sentences four alternatives are given. You are required to choose the correct meaning of the idiom or phrase given or underlined in the sentence. To be at one's finger's ends

3. Through the reporter's efforts many unknown facts have come to light .

4. For each of the following sentences four alternatives are given. You are required to choose the correct meaning of the idiom or phrase given or underlined in the sentence. His friends advised him to be fair and square in his dealings.

5. To take to one's heels

6. For each of the following sentences four alternatives are given. You are required to choose the correct meaning of the idiom or phrase given or underlined in the sentence. Don't stick your neck out.

7. For each of the following sentences four alternatives are given. You are required to choose the correct meaning of the idiom or phrase given or underlined in the sentence. The soldiers laid down their arms.

8. He was all at sea when he began his new Job.

9. For each of the following sentences four alternatives are given. You are required to choose the correct meaning of the idiom or phrase given or underlined in the sentence. Once in a while he might gamble a little.

10. For each of the following sentences four alternatives are given. You are required to choose the correct meaning of the idiom or phrase given or underlined in the sentence. He went back on his promise to vote for me.