ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. John was arrested on a charge of murder, but for lack of evidence he was released.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 41 | Tags: active and passive     | ssc cgl tier 1 10 08 2017 shift 1     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 2017     | ssc cgl 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice.
John was arrested on a charge of murder, but for lack of evidence he was released.
1). The police arrested John on a charge of murder, but for lack of evidence released him.
2). John was arrested on a charge of murder but was released for lack of evidence.
3). The police arrested John on a charge of murder, but for lack of evidence he was released.
4). John had been arrested on a charge of murder, but for lack of evidence he had been released.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
i think option 1 is correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. I was delighted to hear A. were in town for B. my birthday party C. that all my friends

2. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).It is compulsory for every citizen to help the administration for keep as the city clean.

3. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.. An associate in crime

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/ Phrase. Heart set on it

5. What is the antonym or opposite of word AFFLUENCE

6. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will ben one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is ?No error?, the answer is e:. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any)

7. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the Passage, against each, five words are suggested. one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.When Eyo III. was ruling over all men and animals, he

8. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. Eating mud

9. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.He is given to gambling and drinking

10. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below. About a year ago, on the morning of 30th May of 2017, least was I aware that my climb up the steps to the Counselling Hall of the Centralized Admission Committee of the government would pit me against the might of all p