ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. Somebody told me that there had been a robbery in the jewellery exhibition.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 79 | Tags: active and passive     | ssc cgl tier 1 10 08 2017 shift 2     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 2017     | ssc cgl 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice.
Somebody told me that there had been a robbery in the jewellery exhibition.
1). I was informed that there was a robbery in the jewellery exhibition.
2). I was told by somebody that there has been a robbery in the jewellery exhibition.
3). I was told by somebody about a robbery in the jewellery exhibition.
4). I was told about a robbery in the jewellery exhibition.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
I am not sure, may be I was told by somebody that there has been a robbery in the jewellery exhibition. is correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the correct alternative of - He did not and could not have understood the full facts of the case.

2. Find out the misspelt word

3. In the given passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. Against each, five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.Trust is the basic tenet for all relationships, so building an environment of trust is one of the (71)

4. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.When I first saw Ankit, he (was playing) cricket

5. Each of the following sentences has two sentences with one blank in each. Choose the option that best fits in both the blanks. 1. He swore _________ on everyone involved in the murder. 2. It began to rain with a _________ .

6. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.Fans (queue) for the concert tickets since early morning.

7. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. When he started his career, he was shy and reserved – no one thought he would cut the mustard; but now, his achievements speaks for themselves.

8. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. Being a _____ doctor, he never shirks work.

9. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The more they earn, more they spend on luxury items.

10. Four words are given, out of which only one word is spelt correctly. Choose the correctly spelt word and click the button corresponding to it.