ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. Turgid

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 49 | Tags: antonyms     | ssc cgl tier 1 18 08 2017 shift 3     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 2017     | ssc cgl 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given.
Turgid
1). Bloated
2). Humble
3). Puffy
4). Tumescent

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Humble is the best suited

Join Telegram Group

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
option 2 : Humble is correct

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In each question below four words printed in bold type are given These are lettered (A),(B),(C), and (D) one of these words printed in bold may either be wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word that is inappropriate or wrongly spelt if any .The letters of that word is your answer. If all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and appropriate in the context of the sentence then mark (E) i.e 'All correct' as your answer

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the words/sentence. The crime of betraying one's country

3. Choose the word/group of words which is most similar in meaning to the word /group of words printed in bold as used in the passage.

4. Choose the correct synonym of: oration

5. He displayed great courage and in those very difficult days.

6. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. I have apologized to my mom for my mistake, now the ball is in her court, whether she wants to forgive and move on or remain angry.

7. A sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four given alternatives, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. An emergency landing was made by the plane due to a faulty engine.

8. The members of the religious sect ostracized the ......... who had abandoned their faith.

9. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - "Ple ase , ple ase don't do anything dangerous", said his wife.

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.They are a politically important family; (l)/ one of his sisters is a minister (2)/ and another is married with a minister (3)/ No error. (4).