ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

What is a two-digit number if the ratio of the digit at ten's place to the digit at unit's place is 4 : 3 ? (I) The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 14. (II) The digit at unit place is 75% o

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 36 | Tags: quantitative aptitude     | number system     | Add Bounty

What is a two-digit number if the ratio of the digit at ten's place to the digit at unit's place is 4 : 3 ? (I) The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 14. (II) The digit at unit place is 75% o

A). If the data in statement (I) alone is sufficient to answer the question while that in statement (II) alone is not sufficient.

B). If the data either in statement (I) alone or in statement (II) alone is sufficient to answer the question.

C). If the data in statement (II) alone is sufficient to answer the question, while that in statement (I) alone is not sufficient.

D). If the data even in both statements (I) and (II) together is not sufficient to answer the question.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

If the data in statement (I) alone is sufficient to answer the question while that in statement (II) alone is not sufficient.

Let the number be 10x + y
∴ 3x = 4y  ......(1)
From (I),
x + y = 14 .....(2)
Solving equations (1) and (2),
x = 8, y = 6
∴ Number = 86 From (II)
y = 75/100 x x 
∴ 3x = 4y.
Which is the same as eqn (1)

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Which value among \(\sqrt[3]{5},\sqrt[4]{6},\;\sqrt[6]{{12}},\sqrt[{12}]{{276}}\) is the largest?

2. Find the greatest number which on dividing 3050 and 5200 leaves remainders 7 and 9 respectively.

3. A boy added all natural numbers from 1 to 20. However he added one number twice, due to which the sum becomes 215. What is the number which he added twice?

4.  The cost of 87 pens and 29 pencils is `783. What is the cost of 90 pens and 30 pencils ?

5. The digit in the unit’s place of a three - digit number is thrice the digit in the ten’s place and the digit in the hundred’s place is twice of the digit in the ten’s place. If the sum of the three - digits of the number is 12, what is the three digit number?

6.  If x + y = 61 and xy = 888, What is the value of x²+ y² ?

7. A donor has 945 notes of Rs.50 and 2475 notes of Rs.10. He divides them into envelopes, keeping both notes separate and having the same number of notes in each envelope. If these envelopes contain as many notes as possible, then the maximum number of notes in each envelope and total number of envelope required for the purpose are respectively

8.  If the sum of 4 consecutive odd numbers is 104, what will be the third number if they are arranged in ascending order ?

9. To be selected as a student community leader a student needs (2/3)rd of the votes casted. If (1/5)th of the votes had been counted, a candidate has (5/18)th of what he needs then what part of the remainder votes does he still need?

10.  Look at this series: 7, 10, 8, 11, 9, 12, ... What number should come next?