ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

If I walk at 3 kmph, I miss the train by 2 min, if however, I walk at 4 kmph. I reach the station 2 min before the arrival of the train. How far do I walk to reach the station?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 82 | Tags: quantitative aptitude     | time and distance     | Add Bounty

If I walk at 3 kmph, I miss the train by 2 min, if however, I walk at 4 kmph. I reach the station 2 min before the arrival of the train. How far do I walk to reach the station?

A). 4/5 km

B). 5/4 km

C). 6/5 km

D). 3/4 km

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

4/5 km

x/3 – x/4 = 4/60

x = 4/5 km

Join Telegram Group

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 | | Last Updated: 2022-09-27 07:09:30

Option (A)

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. A moving train passes a platform 50 metres long in 14 seconds and a lamp- post in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is

2. A man travels a distance of 24 km at 6 kmph. Another distance of 24 km at 8 kmph and a third distance of 24 km at 12 kmph. His average speed for the whole journey ( in kmph) is

3. P and Q are 27 km away. Two trains with speed of 24 km/hr and 18 km/hr respectively start simultaneously horn P and Q and travel in the same direction. They meet at a point R beyond Q. Distance QR is

4.  An aeroplane covers a certain distance at a speed of 240 kmph in 5 hours. To cover the same distance in 1\frac{2}{3} hours, it must travel at a speed of:

5.  A man takes 6 hours 15 minutes in walking a distance and riding back to the starting place. He could walk both ways in 7 hours 45 minutes. The time taken by him to ride both ways, is

6.  A train 110 metres long is running with a speed of 60 kmph. In what time will it pass a man who is running at 6 kmph in the direction opposite to that in which the train is going?

7.  Walking at the rate of 4 kmph a man cover certain distance in 2 hr 45 min. Running at a speed of 16.5 kmph the man will cover the same distance in.

8.  How much time does a man take to cover a distance of 1500 m, if he runs at a speed of 15 km/hr?

9.  Rahim covers a certain distance in 14 hrs 40 min. He covers one half of the distance by train at 60 km/hr. and rest half by road at 50 km/hr. The distance travelled by him is ?

10. How much time does a train, 50 m long, moving at 68 km / hour take to pass another train. 75 m long, moving at 50 km /hour in the same direction