ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A shopkeeper sells bananas at the rate of one dozen for Rs 36. What is the percentage profit he makes ? I. He sold 10 dozens of bananas II. The cost of each banana is Rs 2.50.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 44 | Tags: quantitative aptitude     | profit and loss     | Add Bounty

A shopkeeper sells bananas at the rate of one dozen for Rs 36. What is the percentage profit he makes ? I. He sold 10 dozens of bananas II. The cost of each banana is Rs 2.50.

A). If the question can be answered using statement (I) alone but not statement (II) alone.

B). If the question can be answered using statement (II) alone but not statement (I) alone.

C). If the question can be answered using both the statements together, but cant be answered using either statement alone.

D). If the question can be answered using either statement alone.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

If the question can be answered using statement (II) alone but not statement (I) alone.

Statement (II) alone is sufficient but (I) alone is not sufficient.
From (II), cost of per dozen is Rs 30.
Selling price is Rs. 36 per dozen.
So % profit = 6/30 x 100 = 20%

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Byselling 144 hens Mahesh suffered a loss equal to the selling price of 6 hens. His loss per cent Is.

2. A, B and C started a business with their investment in the ratio 1 : 3 : 5. After 4 months, A invested the same amount as before and B as well as C withdrew half of their investments. The ratio of their profits at the end of the year is :

3.  Sumit bought a car at a certain praice and sold it at Rs.852150 which was 15% more than the original price. What was the price at which Sumit bought the car?

4. Two-third of a consignment was sold at a profit of 5% and the remainder at a loss of 2%. If the total profit was Rs.400. then the value of the consignment was.

5. Ragul invested Rs.2000 and Gokul invested Rs.1600, How much percentage Gokul should increase to make partnership ratio as 1 : 1. 

6. A manufacturer sellsan Item to a wholesale dealer at a profit of 18%. The wholesaler sells the same to a retailer at a profit of 20%. The retailer In turn sells It to a customer for Rs.15045 thereby earning a profit of 25%. the cost price of the manufacturer Is:

7. By selling 12 oranges for Rs.60, a man loses 25%. The number of oranges he has to sell for Rs.100. so as to gain 25% is:

8. If a wholesaler, sells a tin of coffee at Rs 528 he faces a loss of 12%. Now if he decides to sell it at Rs 636, what will be the profit (in %)?

9. After offering successive discounts of 20% and 30% on a chair, the selling price of chair is Rs. 902 less than marked price. The profit earned on this transaction is 40%. What is the sum of cost price and marked price of chair?

10. P and Q enter in to a partnership with P investing Rs. 20,000 and Q investing a certain amount. At the end of first 4 months P withdraws Rs. 4000, and Rs. 6000 at the end of another 5 months. Q remains in the business till the end with the initial investment and receives Rs. 19200 as profit at the end of the year. The total profit at the end of the year is Rs. 38,200. Find the investment of Q.