ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.The chess player moved his piece to a more _____________________ position, securing the win.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 22 | Tags: fill in the blanks     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.
The chess player moved his piece to a more _____________________ position, securing the win.
1). profitable
2). auspicious
3). advantageous
4). worthwhile

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
advantageous seems correct.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. He had kept up his training regimen for a month.

2. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. The past quarter of a century has seen several bursts of selling by the world?s governments, mostly but not alw

3. Pick out the most effective word from the given options to fill in the blanks of the following sentences. a) She was a young actor with great _________. b) Despite initial problems, the advertisement promised great _________ to attract the customers.

4. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).He, I, She and They cooked the food.

5. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words/phrases are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately Find out the appropriate word/phrase in each case There is a considerable amount of resea

6. Read the passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the given four alternatives. The first thing is that the rich people of the world should start living in communes. Let those communes be of the rich! So they will not be dragged down from their standard of life, their c

7. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it.EXAGGERATE

8. Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word. Idyll

9. In the following passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank. appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. I wanted 4 (1) myself a sweater. When I asked my

10. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. _____________ who argue in this way support their case by pointing to the lack of a general consensus of opinion which obtains