ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

43 vote

I felt as if the ground were .................... beneath my feet.

Asked on by | Votes 43 | Views: 1807 | Tags: fill in the blanks     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

I felt as if the ground were .................... beneath my feet.
1). slipping
2). sinking
3). smashing
4). crumbling

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

26 vote
Answered by on | Votes 26 |
option 1 is the correct answer as per the answer key

Join Telegram Group

53 vote
Answered by on | Votes 53 |

slipping

Accepted Answer

Other Questions

1. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelt. Select the incorrectly spelt word.

2. Read the following sentences to find out whether there is any grammatical error in them. The error if any will in one part of the sentence. Mark the part with error as your answer. If there is no error, mark 'No error' as your answer. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any)

3. In the following passage. there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. Once upon a time there lived a wise man by the (

4. In the following question, a word has been written in four different ways out of which only one is correctly spelt. Select the correctly spelt word.

5. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it.CONSCRIPT

6. Will those of you who have objections to this proposal ............ put up your hands, please ?

7. COGENT

8. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.I was the first who came.

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it.FORSWEAR

10. What is the antonym or opposite of word APPRECIATION