ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.To beat a dead horse

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 23 | Tags: idioms and phrases     | english comprehension     | ssc chsl tier 1 27th january 2017 shift 1     | ssc chsl tier 1 2016     | ssc chsl 2016     | ssc chsl     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.
To beat a dead horse
1). To revive interest in a hopeless issue
2). A cruel master will expect a slave to work even after his death
3). To extract everything from a resource till it fails
4). Doing a cruel act

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
option 1 : To revive interest in a hopeless issue is correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out the misspelt word

2. I differ by yon In this matter.

3. Please write to me ............ this address.

4. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage.  The Lord God planted a garden in Eden, in the East, and there he put the man he had formed named Adam. He made all kinds of beautiful trees grow there and produce good fruit. In the middle of th

5. Select the phrase/connector from the given options which can be used to form a single sentence from the two sentences given below, implying the same meaning as expressed in the statement sentences. Calorie counting takes some thought and planning. It is made easier by a number of mobile apps that help keep track of your intake and requirements

6. In the question below, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose 'No improvement'. The precise trigger for cancer is still not known, but the process by which cancer spreads is straightforward. A. precise trigger about B. precise trigger on C. cancer's precise trigger

7. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases are printed in ??bold?? to help you to locate them while answering some of the questions.To open up a field of study, draw attention to its vital elements, the lecture is invaluable. To listen to a le

8. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it.INCLEMENT

9. Find out the misspelt word

10. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. I _______ been a great poker player all my life.