ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.Thumb one's nose

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 27 | Tags: idioms and phrases     | english comprehension     | ssc chsl tier 1 17th january 2017 shift 2     | ssc chsl tier 1 2016     | ssc chsl 2016     | ssc chsl     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.
Thumb one's nose
1). an ill-mannered person
2). to show affection
3). to scold a naughty person
4). to express scorn

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
I think option 4 is the right answer

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Fill in the blanks For his pains my first bedmate could have had the benefits of a ______ rest in one of our _______ medieval prisons.

2. The following question consists of a sentence(s) with one blank only. You are given four words as answer choices and from the four choices you have to pick up two correct answers either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete. The motion of the playground to be converted into another building was ________ opposed by the residents. a. frailly b. intensely c. scantily d. vehemently

3. Choose the word which can be used to replace the group of words given Indulge with every attention, comfort, and kindness

4. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. My mother said to me, "You will regret your actions."

5. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/expressions are given in bold in the passage to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Radically changing monsoon patterns, reduction in the winter rice harvest and a quantum increase in r

6. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The trek is difficult but it is worth well the endeavour .

7. What is the antonym or opposite of word Brutality

8. What is the substitute of - Any officer in the British army who is lower in rank than a captain

9. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice.The most useful gift of my wedding was given to me by my aunt.

10. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. I cannot take part in the skit as I have too many iron in the fire.