ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.Tongueincheek

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 27 | Tags: idioms and phrases     | english comprehension     | ssc chsl tier 1 7th january 2017 shift 3     | ssc chsl tier 1 2016     | ssc chsl 2016     | ssc chsl     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.
Tongueincheek
1). In an insincere way
2). To praise wholeheartedly
3). A sensational news
4). To say something hurtful

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Answer for this question is In an insincere way

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The current geopolitical arrangement in the Indian Ocean is changing considerably. The recent years have been witnessing an increased Chinese presence in the region, with China making a surprising shift from the Western Pacific and North Sea to the Indian Ocean. Moreover, there is no denial of the f

2. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words have been highlighted for your attention. The movies of today are based on fights between two rival gangs who want to have an upper hand over another. There are no movies without fights and violent

3. Select the phrase/ connector from the given three alternatives, which can be used to form a single coherent sentence from the sentences given below, implying the same meaning. Sheela wrote him an elaborate letter. She couldn't face him after today. I. Not being able to face him after today II. As she couldn't face him after today Ill. For facing him after today

4. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - Have you done this sort of work before " said his new employer.

5. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).Didn't Mr. Sharma come to the office yet ?

6. In each of these questions, two sentences are given. These two sentences are to be combined into a single sentence without changing their meaning. Three probable starters of the combined sentence are given as (A), (B) and (C). Any one or more of none of them may be correct. Find out the correct starter(S) and accordingly select your answer among the given five answer choices.

7. Direction: Read the passage and answer the following questions. Beyond the hype and glamor synonymous with the fashion industry are challenges that business owners face when trying to establish themselves in the sector. Competition in the fashion industry makes it difficult for small businesses to

8. Find out the misspelt word

9. Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.A. I was pleased by their reaction.B. Writing my speech was easy, but I was unsure if I could motivate the employees to donate to th

10. The question below consists of two blanks. From the choices given below, pick the option that makes the sentence meaningfully complete. Walter Elias Disney was a _______ of the American animation industry whose public _______ was very different from his actual personality.