ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.In a strange ______- the production and the consumption of the event become cause for concern. __________wonders whether newer forms of 'non-caring' or violence are appearing. Somehow, silence, even _______ , quietly suppresses a meditation on such events._____________-a professor, I can recollect the number of occasions when my students have cried as we discussed such events in class.____________- society seems so indifferent.Somehow, silence, even_______ quietly suppresses a meditation on such events.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 50 | Tags: cloze test     | english comprehension     | ssc chsl tier 1 1st february 2017 shift 2 2016     | Add Bounty

In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.
In a strange ______- the production and the consumption of the event become cause for concern. __________wonders whether newer forms of 'non-caring' or violence are appearing. Somehow, silence, even _______ , quietly suppresses a meditation on such events._____________-a professor, I can recollect the number of occasions when my students have cried as we discussed such events in class.____________- society seems so indifferent.
Somehow, silence, even_______ quietly suppresses a meditation on such events.

1). attention
2). bias
3). regard
4). indifference

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
indifference is the answer

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. The (sky is illuminated) by the fireworks last night.

2. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.She placed (1)/ the offering (2)/ to God in the altar. (3)/ No error. (4).

3. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.Puneet said, 'I have been reading a story book'.

4. I saw through the trick and was on guard.

5. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'. They imagined on that their (A)/ daughter would become the (B)/ most successful singer. (C)​ No error (D)

6. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. The cab driver said to me, “I was waiting for you for a long time.”

7. Have you got any idea as to what has happened to Akila ? I haven't seen her ............. .

8. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. Deepti said to Pravin, “Do you like to watch movies?”

9. Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.These medicines are ______ for curing cold.

10. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Rapacious