ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In this question 1st and the last sentences of the passages are numbered 1 and 6. The rest of the passage is split into four parts named P,Q,R,S. These four parts are not given in their proper order.Read the sentences and find out which of the four combinations is correct.(1) The traveller said, "Can you tell me the way to the nearest inn ?"(P) "Do you want one in which you can spend the night?" (Q) "Yes", said the peasant. (R) "Go right down the road and turn to the left." (S) "Yes", replied the traveller. (6) "thank a lot."

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 79 | Tags: sentence rearrangement     | english comprehension     | ssc section officer 1997     | Add Bounty

In this question 1st and the last sentences of the passages are numbered 1 and 6. The rest of the passage is split into four parts named P,Q,R,S. These four parts are not given in their proper order.Read the sentences and find out which of the four combinations is correct.

(1) The traveller said, "Can you tell me the way to the nearest inn ?"
(P) "Do you want one in which you can spend the night?"
(Q) "Yes", said the peasant.
(R) "Go right down the road and turn to the left."
(S) "Yes", replied the traveller.
(6) "thank a lot."
1). PSRQ
2). QPSR
3). SPQR
4). QSRP

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
QPSR is the answer

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. Everyone expected Mary Zophres to win for her retro-revival Technicolor clothes in La La Land ? the eventual winner, Colleen Atwood for Fantastic Bea

2. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).He has for good left India.

3. Rearrange the following sentence A,B,C,D,E,and F into a meaningful paragraph and then answer the question given below it (A)Moreover salaries in public sector enterprises are not as competitive as those offered by private or foreign corporates (B)This trend should be a wake up call for stakeholders

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word similar in meaning to the word given. Phonetic

5. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. Juhi said to her friend, "I can choose to live the way I want to."

6. You have to read between the lines to understand most of the symbolic writing.

7. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).Jackie has already gone to the airport she will meet us at the check-in-counter.

8. The sentence given with blank is to be filled with an appropriate word. Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. She asked me,'' _______ you like to have a bite of that ?''

9. Choose the word which is most opposite in meaning to the word printed in bold, as used in the passage.

10. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word similar in meaning to the word given. Transcend