ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

The total cost of 8 buckets and 5 mugs is Rs.92 and the total cost 5 buckets and 8 mugs is Rs.77, Find buckets the cost and of 2 mugs and 3 buckets.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 452 | Tags: mathematics     | profit and loss     | quantitative aptitude     | ssc     | Add Bounty

The total cost of 8 buckets and 5 mugs is Rs.92 and the total cost 5 buckets and 8 mugs is Rs.77, Find buckets the cost and of 2 mugs and 3 buckets.
1). Rs.35
2). Rs.70
3). Rs.30
4). Rs.38

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
I am not sure, may be Rs.35 is correct

Join Telegram Group

4 vote
Answered by on | Votes 4 |
C.P. of 1 bucket =x C.P. of 1 mug=y $\therefore$ 8x+5y=92 .......(i) 5x+8y=77 .......(ii) By using equation (i)$\times 5 - equation (ii)\times 8$ 40x+25y-40x-64y=460-616 $\Rightarrow$ -39y=-156 $\Rightarrow$ y=4 From equation (i), 8x+20=92 $\Rightarrow$ 8x=92-20=72 $\Rightarrow$ x=9 $\therefore$ C.P. of 2 mugs and 3 buckets $=2\times 4+3\times 9$ =8+27=35 Rs.

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. An article passing through two hands is sold at a profit of 38% at the original cost price. If the first dealer makes a profit of 20%.then the profit per cent made by the second is.

2.  If the cost price of 12 items is equal to the selling price of 16 items, the loss percent is

3. A merchant bought some goods worth Rs. 6000 and sold half of them at 12% profit. At what profit per cent should he sell the remaining goods so as to make an overall profit of 18%?

4. David sold a bicycle at Rs 2100 and made a loss of 25%. At how much price he should sell the bicycle if he wants to make a profit of 15%?

5. Partha earns 15 per cent on an investment but loses 10 per cent on another investment. If the ra-tio of two Investments is 3:5. then thecombined loss per cent is.

6. A merchant bought 200 eggs, out of which 38 eggs were broken. Hesold the remaining eggs at the rate of Rs.4.80 per dozen and thusgained8%. His total investment Is.

7. By selling a plot of land for Rs.45.000 a person loses 10%. At what priceshould he sell It to gain 15%

8. Ravish buys a microwave at some price, finds it defective and sells it at a loss of 10% to Rakesh. Rakesh consults an electrician, spends Rs. 2000 on repairing and sells it further at a profit of 25% to Ravi. Ravi and Ravish are close friends. So, Ravi once again sells it to Ravish without any loss or profit. Had Ravish himself taken the microwave to electrician, how much money would he have saved. Ravish had bought it again in Rs.30625.

9. A shopkeeper by selling 21 items earns a profit equal to the selling price of 1 item. What is his profit percentage?

10. Gary and Harry invested a sum of money in a business. After a year, the total profits were Rs. 3500. Had Gary withdrew his share after half of year, his profit would have been Rs. 1000. In what ratio did Gary and Harry invested their capitals?