ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).Americans do not obejet my calling them by their first names.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: sentence improvement     | english comprehension     | ssc statistical investigator 2006     | Add Bounty

In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).

Americans do not obejet my calling them by their first names.
1). my calling the
2). to my calling them
3). been called
4). No improvement

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
to my calling them seems correct.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Citizens cannot afford (1)/ to take the law (2)/ out of their hands. (3)/ No error (4).

2. Most parents find it difficult to make both ends meet because of inflation .

3. Directions : Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it.In many countries, a combustible mixture of authoritarianism, unemployment and youth has given rise to disaffection with strongmen rulers, which has, in turn, spilled over into uprisings. Young people in these

4. Read each sentence to heal out is any grammatical error in it. The error if any, will be in one part of the sentence. the number of that part is the answer. II there is no er ror, mark e:. (Ignore errors of purl( tuation. if any)

5. In each question below, four words which are numbered a, b, c and d have been printed of which one may be wrongly spelt. The number of that word is the answer. If all the four words are correctly spelt mark e. i.e. ?All correct? as the answer.

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it.TREACHERY

7. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the words/sentence. A feeling of intense longing for something​

8. In the following questions, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. To have a care or thought for

10. What is the antonym or opposite of word Flexible