ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The actor is out of jail, and not exactly a free man, since he will be under house arrest for an additional 90 days.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 43 | Tags: sentence improvement     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 2013     | Add Bounty

In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).

The actor is out of jail, and not exactly a free man, since he will be under house arrest for an additional 90 days.
1). if not exactly a free man
2). but not exactly a free man
3). though exactly a free man
4). No improvement

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Correct answer is: but not exactly a free man

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the synonym of word .DEMENTED

2. Rearrange the given six sentences/group of sentences A, B, C, D, E and Fin a proper sequence so as to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the given questions. A. Anansi was just about to eat them when he noticed smoke in the distance. He learnt from the cassava that the smoke was from t

3. Rearrange the following six sentences/groups of words in a proper sequence so as to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below them.(A) Basic human needs also include a sense of belongingness, a feeling of control over one?s life.(B) Motivation and inspiration energize peo

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it.  Bare

5. Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.(A) Thus rapid development is still unable to meet demand.(B) Surplus funds from hikes in passenger fares and cuts in staff have mad

6. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I (1)/ came to school (2)/ at the same usual time. (3)/ No error (4).

7. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each My mom grew up in a traditional Chinese family in which open expressions of love were never encouraged. When she had me and my three siblings, she treated us with the same hard hand. It wa

8. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) I am really /(B) very sorry to leam /(C) that a reasonable man like you /(D) has lain to me. /(E) No Error.

9. What is the antonym or opposite of word Desecration

10. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. The first hour (passed of) quietly and everyone was almost dozing.