ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives.The quest to find life outside the solar system got a big boost with the discovery of seven Earth-size extra-solar planets, or exoplanets, orbiting a

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 24 | Tags: reading comprehension     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 6th august 2017 shift 3 2017     | Add Bounty

A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives.
The quest to find life outside the solar system got a big boost with the discovery of seven Earth-size extra-solar planets, or exoplanets, orbiting a dwarf star about 40 light years away. Unlike earlier discoveries of exoplanets, all seven planets could possibly have liquid water - a key to life as we know it on Earth - with three planets having the greatest chance. This is by far the largest collection of Earth-like planets in the habitable 'Goldilocks' zone of a star - neither too close nor too far from a star, which raises the possibility of liquid water being present on the surface. Only Earth has liquid water in the solar system. Since the dwarf star is much cooler than the Sun, the dimming of light each time a planet passes or transits before the star could be easily recorded from Earth unlike in cases when planets transit a Sun-like bright star. Since the initial discovery of three planets was made using the Chile-based Transiting Planets and Planetesimals Small Telescope, the exoplanet system is called TRAPPIST-1.
What is the 'Goldilocks' zone?
1). It is a m ythological place about stars and planets
2). That place on a planet which has lowest possibilit y of liquid water
3). The correct distance of a planet from its star to have possibility of having liquid water
4). That place on a planet which has the right amount of sunlight

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Its very simple question The correct distance of a planet from its star to have possibility of having liquid water is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage, against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.A long time (1), in Athens, a middle-aged man had two

2. In the following passage there are blanks each of which have been numbered. Against each number, there are five words one of which fills the blank appropriately. Find the appropriate word in each case. In any organized group of mammals, no matter how co-operative, there is always a (1) for social do

3. Below a statement(s) has been divided into 5 parts. The one in the bold is the fixed part in which no changes can be made. Among other parts (A), (B), (C) and (D), find the erroneous part(s). If the statement has no error, mark the 5th option (No Error). The Supreme Court has (A)/ allowed the sale of Saridon and (B)/ two another drugs for now after the (C)/ government had banned 328 (D)/ combination drugs last week.

4. What is the substitute of - Belonging to all parts of the world —

5. In each question given below a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part a correct statement is also given. You have to determine what requires correct and mark it as your answer.  There is no perceptible hand holding/ and support by the states/ to foster decentralised government.  I. There is no any perceptible hand holding II. and supported by the states III. to foster decentralised governance. 

6. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. Elisa said, "I do not know how to handle the distance."

7. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.  _______ her mother cook was Alia's favorite pastime.

8. In the following passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank. appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. I wanted 4 (1) myself a sweater. When I asked my

9. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. The organisers will give you a certificate.

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Ravi (1)/ told to hisfriend (2)/ to buy a car. (3)/ No error. (4).