ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. And then, a few glorious minutes ______________, it was time to reluctantly head ashore. ____________ time, the strokes were more

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 33 | Tags: cloze test     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 17th august 2017 shift 3 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.
And then, a few glorious minutes ______________, it was time to reluctantly head ashore. ____________ time, the strokes were more fluid, the movements more relaxed. I turned back one last time ____________ hello to a clown fish, the reason why I came to the Andamans. As I watched, it played hide-and-seek _________ a sea anemone, before frisking away. Suddenly, I realised a kinship with the blue waters ___________ the Bay of Bengal.
I turned back one last time ____________ hello to a clown fish, the reason
1). to say
2). said
3). saying
4). says

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
to say is the answer

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions.The term "shadow bank" was coined in 2007 to describe risky off-balance-sheet vehicles hatched by banks to sell loans repackaged as bonds. Today, the term is used more loosely to cover all financial intermediaries that perform bank-like a

2. Very ambitious people do not like to rest on their laurels .

3. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the option corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option. I was shocked to hear (1)/ that her husband (2)/ died of an accident. (3)/ No error (4)

4. Below a statement has been divided into five parts. The part in bold is fixed and contains no error. Among the other parts, find the erroneous part. If it contains no error, choose option 5 (no error). A sudden outrush of foreign investors (A)/ triggered by the US Federal Reserve (B)/ signalling a tighter (C)/ monetary policy further complicated the challenges of managing currency markets. (D)

5. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. Sumit had a _______ attitude, nothing seemed to affect him.

6. Fill in the blank with the correct word. The problems associated with abandonment are so common, with such grave ________, that it is classified as gender-based violence.

7. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the five alternatives and click the button corresponding to it. The Gettysburg Address is a speech by U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, one of the b

8. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives and click the button corresponding to it.Learning is the knowledge of that which is not generally known to others, and which we can only derive at sec

9. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelt. Select the incorrectly spelt word.

10. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. One should keep one's word.