ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. The woodpeckers of the West (with one exception) are different _______________ those of the East, and so are the flycatchers, the

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 35 | Tags: cloze test     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 19th august 2017 shift 1 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.
The woodpeckers of the West (with one exception) are different _______________ those of the East, and so are the flycatchers, the grosbeaks,the orioles, the tanagers, the humming-birds, _____________ many of the sparrows. ____________ of the purple and bronzed grackles (the latter are _______________ seen on the plains of Colorado, but are not common), the Rockies boast of Brewer's blackbird, _______________ habits are not as prosaic as his name would indicate.
the humming-birds, _____________ many of the sparrows.
1). and
2). because
3). but
4). if

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
and is the best suited

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In each of these questions, two sentences and (II) are given. Each sentence has a blank in it. Five words a: b: c: d: and e: are suggested. Out of these, only one fits at both the pla. es in the context of each sentence. Number of that word is the answer.

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it. View

3. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. (It is been seen) as a "prestige battle" for the PM and a litmus test for the president of the opposition party.

4. Choose the word which is MOST OPPOSITE in MEANING to the word printed in bold as used in the passage.

5. Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.I know very less of how to play cards. She_____ help me in that.

6. In the given question, a sentence is divided into five parts out of which the last part is correct. Out of the remaining four, there are errors in three parts. Choose the part which doesn't have an error. If all the parts are correct, mark 5 i.e. All are correct as the answer. (A) Aggression can be describe (B) as one of the defining characteristics (C) that humans have on common (D) but other species within (E) the animal kingdom.

7. Rearrange the following six sentence/group of sentence (1),(2),(3),(4),(5)and (6) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; thenanswer the question given below:1.To his surprise, a little honeybee came before his throne and said, "Of all the gifts you could give me, only one will do. I'

8. In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank approximately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.With the U.S. military tied down on two fronts an

9. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. I have to feed the dogs as well as (watering) the plants.

10. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The commoners joined the king's army at crushing the rebels