ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

We wanted to keep the gift as a surprise for mother but my sister gave the game away .

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 46 | Tags: idioms and phrases     | english comprehension     | ssc section officer 2005     | Add Bounty

Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/ phrase given in bold.
We wanted to keep the gift as a surprise for mother but my sister gave the game away .
1). lost the game
2). gave out the secret
3). played badly
4). withdrew from the game

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
option 2 : - gave out the secret

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following sentence, four words or phrases have been printed in bold. One bold part in the sentence is wrongly spelt. Pick up that part and mark its number. If there are no errors in the bold parts, mark (5) i.e. No error as the answer.  As a woman I was infuriarated to read the comments of the political leader about judging girls based on their attires.

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Dogmatic

3. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. The life story of the Buddha begins in Lumbini, near the border of Nepal and India, about 2,600 years ago, where the man Siddharta Gautam was born. A

4. What is the substitute of - A place where nuns live and work

5. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. The rising sun has great inner ______. Not just to ______ the new morning right after the dark night, but also the new rhythms

6. Which of the phrases a:, b:, c: and d: given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and no correction is required, mark e: as the answer.

7. Read the sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical mistake/error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of the part with the error is your answer. If there is no error then ?no error? is your answer. Ignore the errors of punctuations if any.

8. In each of the following sentences, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence.

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the words/sentence. A system of religious belief; a faith

10. What is the antonym or opposite of word unpredictable