ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

I don't think the law will interfere with us as we are just trying to turn an honest penny .

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 32 | Tags: idioms and phrases     | english comprehension     | ssc section officer 2005     | Add Bounty

Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/ phrase given in bold.
I don't think the law will interfere with us as we are just trying to turn an honest penny .
1). make a legitimate living
2). make a good living
3). have dealings in white money
4). become more honest

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
make a legitimate living : - is correct hence option 1

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the meaning of idiom - Flesh and blood can bear it no longer.

2. Select the phrase/connector from the given three options which can be used to form a single sentence from the two sentences given below. Implying the same meaning as expressed in the statement sentences. He knew his passenger was getting late. The cab driver made it through the traffic exceptionally fast. i. Driving exceptionally fast ii. Knowing his passenger iii. The cab driver realized

3. Select the indirect fonn of narration of the given sentence. My friend Sujata said to me, “You go to Sarojini Nagar if you want to buy good quality clothes at affordable prices.'’

4. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. _____________ who argue in this way support their case by pointing to the lack of a general consensus of opinion which obtains

5. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. A sign of something about to happen

6. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).Only a few persons can stand on entreaties.

7. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage, against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.A long time (1), in Athens, a middle-aged man had two

8. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates 'No improvement.' We can study as more science as possible. But until we learn about values and how to behave in public, we will only be literate, not educated.

9. We warned her ............... the danger.

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.A milk (1)/ can provide protein (2)/ for nutritionally balanced diet. (3)/ No error (4).