ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

To put up with

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: idioms and phrases     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/ phrase given in bold.
To put up with
1). to accommodate
2). to adjust
3). to understand
4). to tolerate

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Answer for this question is to tolerate

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).Hoping not to be disturbed , I sat down in my easy chair to read the book , I won as a prize .

2. Find out the misspelt word

3. In the following questions, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option.He was(A) / very kind enough (B) / to invite me (C) / No Error(D).

4. In the following passage there are blanks, each of whiCh has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. There was a man who had four sons. He (1) his son

5. In the following passage some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. Life is full of ______ types of experiences.Strange, in fact, are the ways of God.If a man is happy today, he may be ______ unha

6. Choose the word which is most similar in meaning to the word printed in bold as used in the passage.

7. The following question consists of a sentence(s) with one blank only. You are given six words as answer choices and from the six choices you have to pick up two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete. Her husband walked down the path _______ in a three-piece suit. A. Epitaph  B. Dapper  C. Burgeoning  D. Debonair  E. Scurrying  F. Credible 

8. What is the active/passive of - Let me do this.

9. Fill in the blank(s) with the correct word(s). The mind-numbing competition _______ the creativity and originality of a student.

10. In each of the following question four words are given of which two words are most nearly the same or opposite in the meaning Find the two words which are most nearly the same or opposite in meaning and indicate the number of the correct letter combination by darkening the appropriate oval in your answer sheet