ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

The Kenyan team proved to be the dark horse in the ICC World cup Cricket.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 98 | Tags: idioms and phrases     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/ phrase given in bold.
The Kenyan team proved to be the dark horse in the ICC World cup Cricket.
1). a strong intruder
2). a skilled team
3). the most powerful
4). un unexpected winner

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
This question was asked some where in previous year papers of ssc, and correct answer was option 4

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. Out of the four options given, select the most logical order of the sentences to form a coherent sentence. A day after four soldiers, including a captain, were killed P. an eerie calm in the region Q. and Kashmir's Rajouri district, there is R. in shelling by Pakistani troops in Jammu

2. The question below consists of two blanks. From the choices given below, pick the option that makes the sentence meaningfully complete. They tried to __________ their sorrows by __________  heavily through the night.

3. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. Over the years Blyton ________________ for a lot of things, especially for being ___________ and creating two-dimensional chara

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.He was awarded (1)/ with a doctorate degree (2)/ for his new invention. (3)/ No error. (4).

5. Which of the phrases given against each sentence should replace the word/ phrase, given in bold in a sentence to make it grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is given and no correction is required, choose ?No correction required? as the answer.

6. When the thief entered the house the inmates ..............in the hall.

7. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. A place where children are cared for while their parents are at work.

8. Rearrange the following five sentences (A), (B), (C), (D) and (E) in a proper sequence so as to form a meaningful paragraph, and then answer the questions given below. A. The woman smiled and said, "I know. But I can save this one, " and she tossed another into the ocean,  "and this one", toss

9. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each Fever in the season of dengue is sending Calcuttans scurrying to hospitals for admission, triggering a shortage of beds that has forced some private health care institutes to even postpone

10. Two sentences are given below, each with a missing blank. Out of the given options, pick one word that fits both the blanks. (i) As in I will hold myself accountable to my _______ if elected. (ii) The threat of displacement isn’t a concern she hears from many _______, she says.