ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

The Alpha and Omega

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 56 | Tags: idioms and phrases     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/ phrase given in bold.
The Alpha and Omega
1). beginning and end
2). a Shakespearean play
3). a Greek song
4). a Swiss watch

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Correct answer is: beginning and end

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the synonym of word .KNACK

2. What is the synonym of word .PROPHYLACTIC

3. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.  The velocity of an object is the rate of change of its position ______ respect to a frame of reference. 

4. Thing that can be felt or touched

5. Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), and (D) given below should replace the phrase given in ??bold?? in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and no correction is required, mark (E) as the answer.

6. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. _____ the rain stopped, the concert had to be suspended.

7. What is the active/passive of - Open the window.

8. Select the antonym of to conceive

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.To cut off a branch, limb, or twig from the main body of a tree

10. In the following questions, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the "No error" option. When the stranger saw me, (A) / he seemed to recognise me (B) / and asked me what was my name. (C) / No Error (D)