ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

My efforts at pest control went in vain i have to go back to the drawing board .

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 40 | Tags: idioms and phrases     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/ phrase given in bold.
My efforts at pest control went in vain i have to go back to the drawing board .
1). pain it all over again
2). take professional help
3). spend some time researching abroad
4). work at night

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
option 1 : seems correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Homoeopathic treatment, they say,cuts .............. the need for operation and risk from surgery.

2. What is the antonym or opposite of word Reluctant

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) Glimpses to/(B) the religious side of his/(C) nature appear in/(D) the majority of his plays./(E) No Error.

4. In the following question, two columns are given containing three phrases each, In the first column, the phrases are A, B, and C, and in the second column, the phrases are D, E, and F. A phrase from the first column may or may not connect with a phrase from the second column to make a grammatically

5. He drove from Maharashtra .......... karnataka without stopping to rest.

6. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage, and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.The ?Fool of the Year? contest was (71) to all th

7. The following question consists of a single sentence with one blank. From the given options, pick the answer that makes the sentence meaningfully complete. In view of the seriousness of the crime, the civil society is asking for a _______ track decision from the court.

8. Historically and strategically, the northern portion of the Indian Ocean is considered very im­portant because it is accessible from the west and the east only through narrow straits. In the west, the narrow outlets are the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf, whereas in the east are the Strait of Mala

9. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.She pretends as if she has (1)/ never in her life, (2)/ told a lie. Isn’t it ? (3)/ No error.(4).

10. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. The environment and natural resources in the developed and developing nations have come under intense pressure during the past four decades. Natural