ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

His plan was so complicated that it floored his listeners.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 42 | Tags: idioms and phrases     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/ phrase given in bold.
His plan was so complicated that it floored his listeners.
1). encouraged
2). annoyed
3). entertained
4). puzzled

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
I think option 4 is the right answer

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. It is (believed to be) thousands of people have been killed.

2. What is the antonym or opposite of word Cumbersome

3. In the question, a part of the sentence might have an error, Find out which part of the sentence has an error. If a sentence is free from error, choose ‘No error’ as your answer. Scarcely had it stopped raining when I started by my college.

4. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No error'.I finished my household chores (1)/ before he reached (2)/ to my place after so long. (3)/ No Error (4)

5. In the following question, out of the five alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. The activity, spirit, or time of the great revival of art, literature, etc. 

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it.  Alleviate

7. Out of the given options, choose the sentence, which, in your view, is the most grammatically and structurally correct. Please note that the meaning or the context of the sentence must not change.

8. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Crude oil has had a long history, and an interesting one. It is probably one single natural resource that has been instr

9. Read the sentence to find out whether there is an error in it or not. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation, if any. I do not care about what the (1) world think of me because (2) the only factor I care about (3) is what I think of myself. (4) No error (5)

10. Read the sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical mistake/error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of the part with the error is your answer. If there is no error then ?no error? is your answer. Ignore the errors of punctuations if any.