ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences and click the button corresponding to it.One who sets type for books, newspapers, etc.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 24 | Tags: ssc cgl tier1 30th september 2016 shift 3     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | one word substitution     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences and click the button corresponding to it.
One who sets type for books, newspapers, etc.
1). Typist
2). Editor
3). Composer
4). Compositor

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
option 4 : Compositor is correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Rearrange the following six sentences/ group of sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph: then answer the questions given below them.A. He did whatever work was assigned to him and soon the lion became so fond of him that he promised to give him

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. To give up a throne voluntarily

3. What is the synonym of word .Emancipate

4. Directions: Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. When times are hard, doomsayers are aplenty. The problem is that if you listen to them too carefull

5. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. There had been a hot discussion (now and through) about the property.

6. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number 01 that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is e:. (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any)

7. All moonshine

8. In this question 1st and the last sentences of the passages are numbered 1 and 6. The rest of the passage is split into four parts named P,Q,R,S. These four parts are not given in their proper order.Read the sentences and find out which of the four combinations is correct.(1) When a light passenger

9. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. While I enjoy pleasing others, I could never be so ________ that I would allow others to mistake my kindness for weakness.

10. 1. Wars always give rise to patriotic feelings. P. This does not mean that they are absent Q. However in times of peace they lie dormant R. After all , a good economy is also a deterrent to inimical foreign forces S. They , rather, covertly urge the society to work. 6. Hence we should focus our energies for the over-all development of our nation.