ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

1 vote

A fraction become $\frac{1}{6}$ when 4 is subtracted from its numerator and 1 is added to its denorninator. If 2 and 1 are respectively added to its numerator and the denominator , it becomes $\frac{1}{3}$ .Then , the LCM of the numerator and denominator of the said fraction , must be

Asked on by | Votes 1 | Views: 703 | Tags: mathematics     | hcf and lcm     | quantitative aptitude     | ssc     | Add Bounty

A fraction become $\frac{1}{6}$ when 4 is subtracted from its numerator and 1 is added to its denorninator. If 2 and 1 are respectively added to its numerator and the denominator , it becomes $\frac{1}{3}$ .Then , the LCM of the numerator and denominator of the said fraction , must be
1). 14
2). 350
3). 5
4). 70

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

4 vote
Answered by on | Votes 4 |
option 4 is the right answer

Join Telegram Group

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Let the original fraction be $\frac{X}{Y}$ $\frac{X-4}{Y+1}=\frac{1}{6}$ 6x – 24 = y + 1 6x – y = 25 .......(i) Again, $\frac{X+2}{Y+1}=\frac{1}{3}$ 3x + 6 = y + 1 Þ 3x – y = –5 .......(ii) By equation (i) – (ii), 6x – y – 3x + y = 25 + 5 3x = 30 x = 10 From equation (i), 60 – y = 25 Þ y = 35 LCM of 10 and 35 = 70

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+1)
Submit: