ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

1 vote

Which of these pipes will empty a pool the fastest (i) One pipe of diameter 60 cm (ii) Two pipes of diameter 30 cm each (iii) three pipes of diameter 20 cm each

Asked on by | Votes 1 | Views: 164 | Tags: mathematics     | pipes and cistern     | quantitative aptitude     | ssc     | Add Bounty

Which of these pipes will empty a pool the fastest (i) One pipe of diameter 60 cm (ii) Two pipes of diameter 30 cm each (iii) three pipes of diameter 20 cm each
1). (i)
2). (iii)
3). (ii)
4). None of these

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
option 1 : (i) is correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Three pipes P, Q and R can separately fill a cistern in 4,8 and 12 hours respectively. Another pipe S can empty the completely filled cistern in 10 hours. Which of the following arrangements will fill the empty cistern in less time than others

2. 12 pumps working 6 hours a day can empty a completely filled reservoir in 15 days. How many such pumps working 9 hours day will empty the same reservoir in 12 days

3. A tank has a leak which would empty the completely filled tank in 10 hours. If the tank is full of water and a tap is opened which admits 4 litres of water per minute in the tank, the leak takes 15 hours to empty the tank. How many litres of water does the tank hold

4. An empty tank can be filled by pipe A in 4 hours and by pipe B in 6 hours. If the two pipes are opened for 1 hour each alternately with first opening pipe A, then the tank will be filled in

5. Two pipes, P and Q can fill a cistern in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. Both are opened together, but at the end of 3 minutes. P is turned off. in how many more minutes will Q fill the cistern

6. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 3 hours and 5 hours respectively. Pipe C can empty in 2 hours. If all the three pipes are open, in how many hours the cistern will be full

7. Three taps A, B and C can fill a tank in 12, 15 and 20 hours respectively. If A is open all the time and B and C are open for one hour each alternatively, the tank will be full in :

8. Three pipes A, B and C can fill cistern in 6 hours. After working at it together for 2 hours, C is closed and A and B fill it in 7 hours more. The time taken by C alone to fill the cistern is

9. Two pipes can fill a cistern separately in 10 hours and 15 hours. They can together fill the cistern in

10. If $\frac{1}{3}$ of a tank holds 80 litres 0f water, then the quantity of water that $\frac{1}{2}$ tank holds is :