ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Straw in the wind

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 32 | Tags: ssc cgl tier 1 7 09 2016 shift 1     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | idioms and phrases     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In each of the questions, four alternatives are given for the Idiom/Phrase. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase and click the button corresponding to it.
Straw in the wind
1). A light-weight object
2). A lucky charm
3). A game that kids play
4). An indication of what might happen

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
option 4 : An indication of what might happen is correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the meaning of the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the option corresponding to 'No improvement'. A philanthropist is a person who is seeking to promote the welfare of others, especially by the generous donation of money to good causes.

2. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.He was present (1)/ in the court (2)/ to give witness. (3)/ No error. (4).

3. Below is given a word. There are five alternatives, each using the word. Choose the alternative that uses the word in a grammatically and contextually correct manner. Fastidious

4. Read the following passage carefully and answer the question given below it. Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. There was a country long time ago where the people would change a king every year. The person who would become

5. We spared no effort to win,but the opposite team did better.The result was obviously ------us

6. What is the substitute of - An error or misprint in printing or writing

7. Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.A. I was pleased by their reaction.B. Writing my speech was easy, but I was unsure if I could motivate the employees to donate to th

8. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. Rachel ______ to Paris to complete her course.

9. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical mistake/error in it the error any will be in one part of the sentence Mark the number of the part with error as your answer.If there is ?No error? mark(5).

10. Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.Since one can not see every movie, one should be content with making a ______ selection for the awards.